Rail and Transportation Electronic Design Services
The rail, commercial and public transport sectors bring specific challenges to the design and development of supporting technology systems. As technology developments are helping to bring reliability, environmental efficiency and safety improvements to many rail and transport areas, the support of experienced and responsive embedded technology partners becomes more critical. DSL are able to offer expertise and proven experience in providing embedded solutions for a variety of specialist Rail and Transport applications.
Key issues for Rail and Transportation:
- – Functional reliability for operation in harsh environments
- – Performance to specification (e.g. Rail Industry Association)
- – Maintenance free or minimal maintenance applications to maximise uptime
- – Specialist design for vibration, shock and temperature resistance
- – Cost efficiency in overall project delivery
- – Proven project reliability to ensure deadline completion
- – Product lifetime engineering and production support
The DSL advantage:
All our design and development work is carried out in-house at our UK design centre such that our verification methodology covers every part of the process.
Our capabilities include:
- – Advanced processor board design
- – Latest design tools
- – Proven Development Processes
- – Detailed knowledge of cutting edge chipset integration and functionality
- – Design capability in RF, Analogue and Digital
All of our design engineers are fully trained to recognised IPC CID+ standards for circuit design and PCB design. This includes specific capability in Design For eXcellence (DFX), Design for Manufacture (DFM), Design for Test (DFT) and Design for Assembly (DFA).
Services for the Rail and Transportation sectors:
Our range of specialist services includes:
- – Systems Engineering
- – Electronic Design
- – Prototyping
- – Production
- – Compliance Test & Verification
- – Software services
- – Obsolescence management
DSL were approached by an internationally recognised leader in transportation solutions with a request to design a PC104 processor card. Our client had less than 15 weeks to produce prototypes with a strict criteria.
Our ACS-2563 Industrial PC has EN-50155 approval for railway usage.